Technology Products For The Home
Talking Alarm Clock with Personalized Messages
Don’t have a Personal Emergency Response System (PERS). Great alternative is a reminder clock to remind you or a loved one that it’s time to take your medicine or call someone to say all’s well, etc. Lot’s of reviews on Amazon. Looks like the critical reviews regard setting up the reminders. Depending on your technology skills, may need some help from friends or family. Best to read the reviews.
Reminder Rosie Talking Alarm Clock with Personalized Voice Reminders
- Hear up to 25 personalized, comforting messages in a familiar or loved one’s voice over 100 ft. (30 m) away
- Record personalized reminders in any language to playback at a specific time every day, weekly, on a specific date or annually.
- Message in a loved one`s voice has shown to improve compliance more effectively than most task aids
- Easy to use – users hears a voice message, completes task & turns off reminder saying “reminder off” or pressing Rosie down
- Reminders audible from 30M (100 feet) away; repeat every 5 seconds for 30 minutes or until turned off.
Amazons Ring 3 Plus Video Doorbell
Amazon owns the Ring products. Amazon makes money off of the doorbell as well as upsells of it’s cloud services currently $3/mo per device or $10/mo per household. Five star rating is at 69% with over 1200 customer reviews. Here is what Amazon has to say about this product:
- 1080p HD video doorbell with enhanced features that let you see, hear, and speak to anyone from your phone, tablet, or PC.
- An upgrade from the original Ring Video Doorbell 2, enjoy improved motion detection, privacy zones and audio privacy, and dual-band (2.4 or 5.0 GHz) wifi connectivity.
- Exclusive to Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus, get 4 extra seconds of black and white video to show you what happened before motion was triggered with Pre-Roll.
- Receive mobile notifications when anyone presses your doorbell or triggers your built-in motion sensors.
- Easily setup by connecting your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus to wifi through the Ring app and mounting with the included tools.
- With a Ring Protect Plan (subscription sold separately), record all your videos, review what you missed for up to 60 days, and share videos and photos.
- Pair with select Alexa-enabled devices to enable announcements and two-way talk for convenient in-home monitoring.
- Note from author: Some features only work with the addition of the Echo Show 5 which may be purchased for an additional fee on Amazon. See below for additional information on the Echo Show 5.
Personal Technology Safety Products
Older adults that either want to supplement their PERS product or do not have the safety of a Personal Emergency Response System (PERS), have an option of keeping track of key vital signs. Customer reviews on Amazon are 78% positive (July 2020). Marketing info from supplier follows:
- This is a 4G GPS Smart Watch and a Cell Phone GPS Tracker, a superb choice for elderly safety. You can track its location in real time anywhere anytime. We offer lifetime free service for Android and IOS application software. If you need to use this watch outside the United States, please contact us for another version.
- Health functions in this watch for elderly: 1)Blood Pressure/Heart Rate: Heart Rate/Blood Pressure Test Data of the Day or History can be viewed in this interface. Heart Rate/Blood Pressure can be measured in real time by clicking on the remote measurement icon. 2)Walk：In this interface, you can see the number of steps of the day or history movement. 3)Turnover in Sleep：This interface allows you to view sleep status. Additional information available on Amazon. Click image below for additional product information.
Apple Watch with Fall Detection
This watch has an 86% positive customer review on Amazon (July 2020). To make all of the watch functions work, an Apple cell phone, with software called iOS 12 or later required (iPhone 6 or newer as of July 2020). Suggest that you read the customer reviews. Click image below for additional product information.
Echo Show 5 -- Smart display with Alexa – stay connected with video calling - Charcoal
- Customer reviews (July 2020) are 75% 5 star with over 106,000 reviews. For technology savvy families, these products can provide additional home safety for you and your loved ones.
- Alexa can show you more – Compact 5.5” smart display ready to help manage your day, entertain at a glance, and connect you to friends and family.
- Made to fit your life – Cook along to step-by-step recipes. Easily update to-do lists and calendars. Glance at weather and traffic on your way out.
- Big entertainment – Ask Alexa to show you movie trailers, TV shows, movies, or the news. Or listen to radio stations, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Control your smart home – Voice control compatible devices or manage them on the easy-to-use display. Ask Alexa to show you security cameras, control lights, and adjust thermostats.
- Connect with video calling and messaging – Call friends and family who have the Alexa app, an Echo device with a screen, or Skype. Make announcements to other devices in your home.
- Make it yours – Choose the clock face that fits your style best. Use your favorite photos on the home screen. Create morning routines to start your day.
- Designed to protect your privacy – Turn off the microphone and camera with one press of a button. Slide the built-in shutter to cover the camera.
Smart Helmet with Fall Detection
If you bike around your neighborhood, consider the added protection of a smart helmet. The smart helmet works through Android or Apple cell phone apps. Helmet remote controller sold separately. It mounts to your handlebars.
THE BH51M NEO WILL DELIVER ALL THESE GREAT BENEFITS FOR THE COMMUTER:
- Bright front and back LED lights make you more visible from all directions. Exclusive feature to the Neo range.
- Brake warning lights are activated when the built-in gravity acceleration sensor detects a significant deceleration, the front and rear lights will be enhanced for 3 seconds to draw attention from surrounding traffic. Exclusive feature to the Neo range.
- Fall detection alert means in the event of an accident, the emergency system will kick in automatically and send your GPS location to your emergency contacts via SMS message.
- Hands-free operation so you can just concentrate on the road ahead.
- Voice navigation allows you to keep your eyes on the road; listen to GPS directions via the built-in speakers and your connected smartphone.
- Stereo speakers – Quality music, audiobook and podcast playback is delivered through Bluetooth stereo speakers strategically placed above the ears, allowing you to stay alert to surrounding traffic.
- One-click to answer phone calls using the remote control; enjoy clear sound with the wind-proof microphone.
- Indicator signals allow you to alert traffic of your turning direction to enhance your visibility.
- Smart lighting means the lights can be set to come on automatically in dark conditions, perfect if your commute starts out in good light but ends in darkness.
- Anti-loss alarm is activated when the helmet is connected to your phone and the distance between helmet and phone exceeds 15m, both the helmet and phone will alarm.
- Auto-off ensures maximum battery longevity, turning off automatically when the helmet is disconnected from the phone and not operated within 15 minutes.
- SOS alarm can be activated if you are in distress by simply pressing the red button on the remote for 5 seconds. Your emergency contacts will receive an alert SMS message with your GPS location.
- Walkie-Talkie allows you to easily communicate with your fellow cyclists when riding in a group.
- Compatible with Strava, iHealth and Siri through the LIVALL Riding app.
- Amazon customer ratings list 2 with 5 stars and 1 with a 3 star ratin
I participate in Affiliate/Associate programs i.e., Amazon and others. I may receive a small compensation when you click on a link that takes you to and you make a purchase on that website. Your price is not impacted. Any page or blog page on this website may contain one or more links to products that you may purchase. The links are designed to reinforce how products or services may improve your safety at home. Thank you, Jim Bedient